LLB (Hons), University of London (External Program) 2014.
Advocate, Subordinate Courts, Pakistan.
Practice primarily focuses on non-contentious matters and selective litigation. Has worked on various corporate and commercial matters, including project financing in the private power sector, including drafting project and finance documents. Notable matters include:
- Advising Pakistan International Bulk Terminal Limited on non-contentious matters in relation to its state of the art multi-purpose terminal for handling and storage of dry bulk cargo at Port Qasim;
- Conducting research and providing advice on corporate and litigation matters including in particular, anti-corruption laws, competition laws and regulatory compliance;
- Acting for Overseas Private Investment Corporation in relation to its financing of the approximately 50MW Wind Power Projects of Jhimpir Power (Pvt) Ltd and Hawa Energy (Pvt) Ltd, including drafting transaction documents, advising on conditions precedent and preparing legal opinions;
- Conducting due diligence for mergers and acquisitions and providing advice on corporate matters, including regulatory compliance;
- Advising on the formation of a joint venture between a foreign client and a local company;
- Acting for the International Finance Corporate, Import-Export Bank of China, China Development Bank and Silk Road Fund, in relation to the 720 MW Karot hydel power project located in Azad Jammu and Kashmir and the Province of Punjab;
- Advising Chinese Lenders and Chinese project companies in various projects relating to the establishment and financing of mine mouth power projects and mines in the provinces of Punjab and Sindh;
- Acting for the lenders in relation to the UEP Wind power project including drafting, negotiating and reviewing all transaction documents and ancillary matters
- Providing Citibank Pakistan and Goldman Sachs Asia Bank Limited regulatory advice in relation to over-the-counter derivative transactions including ISDA Master Agreements;
- Advising Honda Motors on the Import Policy Order and the applicable customs laws in relation to the import of their products into Pakistan;
- Advising Shanghai Electric Corporation in relation to its acquisition of the shares of K-Electric;
- Preparing a legal environment report in collaboration with Pinsent Masons LLP for a potential investor on the risks and benefits of investing in Pakistan.